Monday, September 13, 2010

Control Issues Vs. Methodology-Update

Control Issues Vs. Methodology-Update

Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 10:18 AM
Subject: RE: Control Issues vs. Methodology-Update

Hello all,

Thanks to my baseline anxiety,  plus heightened anxiety due to Cancer and the support of certain OCD friends,  I went into full panic mode Friday pm around 4:00 and began calling every doctor I know.   At 4:50 pm the oncologist did call me back and told me he just received the pathology report on the hormones, and it is ER+ -which is apparently good because there are drugs for that.  “That is your gift for the weekend”, he said.  And, as crazy as it sounds, it really was a gift for me to have spoken with him and have some… not to quote the worst president in the history of USA (given my limited knowledge of history, of course) …resolve.
Anyway, he told me that he spoke with the surgeon “discussed your case over breakfast” and they decided to do chemo first.  He instructed me to call the surgeon on Monday to make appt. to get port/cath.  placed for use with the chemo, and we’d begin the chemo sometime next week.  So, I have an appt tomorrow with Surgeon to discuss  this port placement, etc, then on Wednesday at 1:30 p.m.  to actually put it in.    Apparently it takes 30 minutes, but has to be done at the hospital.  Then, I have the Oncologist appointment on Thursday 8:00 am, which Richie will be at.  His job is to make sure that the doctors understand that I am addicted to running, and that  I too (like Lance) will require EPO treatment during, or after the Chemo, and that other details/plans are laid out and written down.

Thank you all for hanging in there with me.  Again.

Emily

 


No comments:

Post a Comment